Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mexico Week 20 -- Families Are Forever

To all of my favorite people!!  How are you are?  Happy and healthy por fin?  I am a little bummed about the New York trip but I hope that you miss me a little bit while you are there!  As long as you miss me, then it’s all okay!  HA! HA!  Y’all will have a blast! 

Another Hermana gave us strawberry flavored tamales...love of my life!  I do not know how I am going to live without these when I come home!



This week was just a great one!  Being a missionary is literally the best. I love it with my whole heart.  My mission president wrote me something that just kind of hit me and really touched my heart.  He told me: “Hermana Rawe, I, as your mission president, and also the Lord, really trust in you a lot.”  I just thought, whoa, how many people are really depending on me to do this right!  I will be coming home exactly one year from yesterday.  Does that blow anyone else’s mind?  I was thinking a lot about the trust the Lord has put in me and what I can really do to be better, to make the best use possible of that trust. 

We had a lesson with Ysenia this week!  She is 27 years old and is married to an 18 year old.  They have a son, but they live in another city.  She is taking a class studying medicine.  She is only here for 3 months, and then in August she goes back home to her family.  She has about a year of meeting with missionaries and attending church regularly.  She is the sweetest thing.  She knows it’s all true and has the desire to be baptized, but she wants to get baptized with her husband because she wants to respect him and everything.  Problem is, right now he truly has no desire to be baptized.  We talked a lot about prayer and how we can truly talk to our Heavenly Father.  My companion told her she could see how strong her desire was to be baptized, which made her start to cry even harder.  We challenged her to pray to her Heavenly Father and counsel with Him, to ask His opinion.  She is someone so special to me.  She reminds me a lot of myself and I feel like when I teach her I am teaching myself!  I started thinking about my own marriage fears and Hermana Buttars and I left that lesson saying we would never get married.  I think it’s something we all have to overcome … these fears that we have. How can we help people, and ourselves, to overcome the fears we all have to develop stronger faith?


This week we had splits with the Sister Training Leaders!  I went with Hermana Escobar to work in Bugambilias.  She has a little more than a year in the mission and I think she is the definition of quiet dignity and confidence.  Before we left the house to work she tells me: “You can tell when a person is a dedicated missionary and I can see it in you.”  It was just such a good day working with her!  We came home, planned, and then just talked about the day.  She told me that she felt my sincerity when I talked and well other really nice things.  However, the thing that really caught my attention is when she said that my love for the Savior shows.  We started talking about how this work truly is for Him and all about Him.  We talked about sacrificing everything during this time.  She shared a scripture with me that is in Colossians 2:23.  It is way better in Spanish, but work with me!  It says, “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.”  I need this in Spanish in my future house!  I am here for the Lord and everything that I do should be for Him.  It doesn´t matter what people think.  It matters what the Lord thinks and if our efforts are good enough for Him. 

Also, Emma’s WEDDING INVITATION showed up this week. How crazy is that? Love that girl to pieces and I hope that she is so, so happy! 

So the other day we were walking for years because nobody was home.  Well, we were walking and I saw the street sign Isla Tory.  I just had the thought, we need to visit the Moreno family.  We haven’t seen them for about a month, mostly because we have been busy and they told us they didn’t want it.  We decided to stop by anyway.  We taught the first part of the Plan of Salvation.  The face of Hermana Moreno literally kills me!  She eats it all up!  All of them agreed to read some scriptures in the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  They are just special and I think we need to stick with them a little while longer.  Maybe their dad’s Catholic heart will soften!  Hermana Moreno also offered to cut my hair!  Growing out an A-line cut, just not cute! 

Last little thing, LUPE WENT TO CHURCH, which is not a little thing, it is a HUGE thing!  And, she didn’t just go to church, she brought her whole family, including her less active husband.  We show up and guess who is sitting there - Hermana Gudelia, her mother-in-law who is also less active!  My heart was exploding and I think I had the biggest smile on my face!  Church is for families. This gospel is for families. It’s just a different experience when everyone is involved.  Total sidenote, but her husband looks like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite ... en verdad! 



Well I love you all to the moon and back! I hope that you are all happy and well and thinking of your little missionary! Have a great week!

 photo sig_zps85124238.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment