Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Mexico Week 44: What Would Jesus Do

Dear Sweet Family of Mine!

I hope y’all had the best Christmas! You were all looking so good on Skype! It was such a blast talking to you guys. It was a spiritual high for me and I have been so blessed in my life. Just love y’all too much! 

Keeping it classic with the Christmas Eve PJ´s!




These two hermanas are Marta and Cuca. They are Rachel and I in about 60 years. 




The other one is Hermana Arellano. She has had some surgeries recently but she is never without a smile and a joke to tell and she ALWAYS goes to church. I want to be her when I grow up! 




I wanted to give a big thank you to Emma and Sister Cohen! Letters from them showed up this week and every ounce of support is just the best! 

Christmas in Mexico was a Christmas like never before! We had our district meeting in the morning and as we left at about 8 o’clock in the morning it was completely silent in the streets.  There were like two people and I felt like I was in the Walking Dead! We had our district meeting and then district activity. We ate food and exchanged gifts.  Please enjoy our whole district with our zone leaders rocking the holiday crowns .. a tradition started in England .. being celebrated by an American in Mexico!  How cool is that!! 


  

We had a district counsel and talking about what changes we thought the Lord expected of our mission. As we all reflected, we realized that he wants us to be more converted, more consecrated to Him. He wants us to work out of a sincere love for Him. I want to be a better disciple. As we headed home and were getting off the bus, the thought popped into my head, “What would Jesus do”?  I started to think about how I could truly think this ALL DAY EVERY DAY. It sounds so simple and obvious but as I made a conscious effort to do it, I felt the strongest Spirit. I began thinking in every situation, how would Jesus respond? What would He say? How would He listen? How would He serve? It was just a really special experience and whew, I should do that more often! 

I am really trying to be a more devoted disciple of Jesus Christ. I want to follow Him and be like Him. I am the farthest thing from perfect, but I just want Him to have every ounce of my effort for these six months.  Well, actually for my whole life. I love Him, sometimes I need to better show my love, but I am trying to love Him more every day. I am grateful for my weaknesses and trials, I am grateful for every single person that supports me, and I am grateful for how He is molding me to become better and better. 


I love you all to the moon and back! Behave yourselves and make some Legos for me!

 photo sig_zps85124238.png

No comments:

Post a Comment