Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Mexico Week 59 -- With Him, All Things Are Possible

Dear sweet family...I have pretty much no time today!! 

Hermano Lopez was transferred and Hermana Villa is my new companion!  I’m still anxiously awaiting her arrival! She also got here the same time as Hermana Gonzalez and Hermana Lopez! Ha! Ha! I will be companions will all of the Hermanas from their generation! 

This morning began at 2 a.m. so that we could be at the bus station by 4:30am for Hermana Lopez’s bus. Then the sister training leaders, Hermana Guevarra and I headed to their house to sleep a little more, study and start P-Day.  We are all walking zombies! So as we leave the house at 3:30am this morning, Hermana Lopez tells me, no worries, there’s always a taxi here.  Um, except this early in the morning!  We found nothing.  We are walking the streets at 3:30 in the morning looking for a taxi and after about 30 minutes, we finally found one!!  Goodness, the adventures of the mission!

I am excited for my new companion and know that the Lord always has a plan.  I’m learning to trust Him more and more. I know that the Lord needs Hermana Villa and I here in Jardines for some great reasons! 

So I won’t have time to you all my stories until next week, but I just want y’all to know that I’m happy. Sometimes I struggle.  Sometimes I doubt.  But overall, I am happy and learning and growing so much. On Monday I was pondering a lot about some letters I had received and also our President’s weekly message to us as missionaries. I felt the Spirit so strongly and I know that I need to change. I started to talk with more and more people in the street.  We started to look for more new investigators.  I was constantly praying.  The minute a negative thought entered my mind, I started praying. As I read again this morning the talk about consecrated missionaries, I felt inspired and know that the Lord has a plan. I have to be patient and diligent and just keep working until we start seeing results. 

On Saturday we had a rougher day!  We had been giving it everything we had, but just not finding people at home.  We arrived home exhausted!  I showered to just shake it off. I had a good cry and I remember thinking, I can’t do this ... not with my own weaknesses, and with how small the ward is, and my companion .. these things are combining for such a slow progress of the work, I just can’t.  I went to sleep listening to “I Know that my Redeemer Lives” and it was the first thing I played Sunday morning when I woke up.  During church, I felt the Spirit so strongly and as I took the sacrament.  I felt so much peace.

I don´t tell y’all this story so that you worry or anything like that.  I want to share it because sometimes we all think we can’t.  My mom jokes that being a follower of the Savior is hard work, and it is so true.  It is hard and it requires sacrifice on our part.  We all have those moments when things don’t seem to be going the way we want them to, or moving fast enough in the direction we want them to move.  We might even have a good cry in the shower and feel like giving up, like we can’t do it anymore.  It’s not true.  With the Savior, we can. I know it! I feel it even when sometimes I forget. I love this gospel and the peace it brings.  He knows the path and He will guide us along, if we just trust Him.

I hope that y’all have a great week!  Love you! 

 photo sig_zps85124238.png

No comments:

Post a Comment