Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Mexico Week 15 -- Sonrisas Para Todos

To my favorite people in the world! 

Well good news! I found my memory card! Two weeks later and the guy had it in the Internet cafe!  Obviously Heavenly Father loves me a lot!  I’m also grateful for a companion that will play with random dogs in the street with me. Who knows if they’re dirty or not, but they sure are cute! 


So Hermana Buttars got sick this week!  Throwing up and everything!  I don’t miss those days!  I think all of us Americans pass through it, some strange rite of passage or something.  We took her to the doctor Friday afternoon and she got two days at home in bed!  Well turns out Saturday was Paty and Roxton’s baptismal service and well ... we may not have fully followed the doctor’s orders ... we went!  

Anywho, I was talking care of Hermana Buttars this weekend. I’m really coming into my mom role! Translating at the doctor’s office. Giving her the meds and watching the hours.  I started thinking about taking care of my own sick kids one day. Maybe I really can pull off this whole mom thing! 

So while Hermana Buttars was down Saturday, I read the book, “Our Heritage”.  I love reading church history ... absolutely love it!  I just know that it’s all true.  I can’t believe all of the persecution that the saints suffered.  They are such an example of faith and patience to me.  They completely trusted in the Lord even though they were moving all over the place.  They fought so hard and suffered so much for the truth.  What am I going to do for the truth?  I’ve been a little bit of a baby these past two weeks but I’ve got my feet back under me.  I loved my quiet time just to study in the house.  I know that the Lord loves me and I know that our relationship is growing stronger and stronger.  I know that I can do all things through Him.  I want to do everything that He has planned for me here.  I’m just happy and ready to work!  Hermana Buttars is back in the game too! 

Yesterday, Paty and Roxton were confirmed ... barely!  They have a hard time making it to church on time and they have to walk about a million miles to get there!  I called her in the morning and they were getting up and getting ready and told me they’d be there!  Well, 10 o´clock comes and goes, then we take the sacrament, and we hit about 10:30 and no one is answering phones or anything.  This is about the part where I feel like I’m going to throw up because next week is Stake Conference so they would be waiting about two weeks if it didn’t happen today.  Finally we see them all coming!  Roxton gives me the saddest look and asks me, “Ya pasó la hora de mi confimación?” – Basically he thought it was too late.  I told him I didn’t think so!  With about 10 minutes left in sacrament meeting, we’re sitting in the back with them.  I start making gang signs to get the attention of the bishopric and we got them confirmed at the end of the meeting! 

Okay, last little story!  As we were welcoming people to church, the elders showed up with this hermana and her daughter.  She gets really excited and tells me “Remember me?  We met on the bus!”  I recognized her and remembered about a month or two ago, I talked with this family on the bus.  They told me that they were meeting with missionaries earlier, but that they had stopped coming.  Her sister is a member and everything.  I gave her the number to the mission offices and we chatted a bit.  It was so cool to see her at church but I’m a little jealous that she lives in the area of the elders!  She told me after sacrament meeting in Gospel Principles that her daughter didn’t want to go to her Primary class.  She wanted to Hermana Rawe, because she just thought I was a good person.  How precious is that!  She’s 7 and her name is Vania.  After Relief Society her daughter came and found me and we chatted a little bit. That was just a good day! 



I love you all and am so grateful for all of your support. I hope that you are all happy and being good! Know that you’re always in my heart and prayers! Love you! 

 photo sig_zps85124238.png

No comments:

Post a Comment