Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Claudia and Naty


This week Claudia and Naty were baptized!  Ahh, their baptismal service was gorgeous!!  First, the Hermana LOVES flowers and so we bought her white ones with her favorite red roses for their big day.  We sang, “I Stand All Amazed” and I gave the first talk (Hermana Claudia picked me).  I talked about the Atonement and how Christ invites us to come unto Him and make covenants with Him, and how we have a life of devoted discipleship to give. As I was closing I got a little teary eyed and told them that even though I was not always going to be here, I would always be with them praying for them and encouraging them. I feel so much love for this beautiful family and then Hermana Claudia started crying and you could just feel the Spirit. Then Elder Neddo (chosen by Naty) talked about why we hang in there, why we just keep pushing and it’s because of the promise of an eternal family and the celestial kingdom.   The four missionaries sang, “The Spirit of God” and then Eduardo Lozano baptized them both. Everyone wrote them notes as they changed and the Bishop and his wife and the Relief Society President shared a few words and Hermano Mike got a little teary eyed and we’re hoping that being in the baptism motivates and encourages him a little bit. 








I just love baptisms!! I felt the Spirit confirming, hey you were an instrument in the Lord’s hands. He worked through you to help two of His beautiful daughters.  They’re just a little closer to making it home. It’s beautiful!  What we do as missionaries is a beautiful thing! 

 photo sig_zps85124238.png

No comments:

Post a Comment