Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Final Words From Mom



Dear Hermana Rawe,

So I went back to the beginning and read a lot of the first letters Dad and I wrote.  It was a lot of "you can do this" and "trust the Lord" and "be patient" and "focus on loving people" and "give it 100%" ...

Well sunshine, you have done all that and more.  I know you have struggled to feel content with your service and sacrifice to the Lord.  I want you to know that He is well pleased.  You have truly loved every person you came in contact with on your mission as the Savior would have loved them if He were there.  You have been obedient and consecrated to the work.  You have learned how to rely on the Lord and strengthened your testimony into a rock solid foundation for the rest of your life.  You have loved and served your companions and tried to continually build each one of them up.  There is a piece of your heart and soul that will forever live in Guadalajara, Mexico because you left it all on the table.  The Lord could not ask for more than you gave.

I am so proud of you!  Overwhelmingly proud of the missionary you are and will continue to be long after you come home.  There is a light in you that will continue to draw people to you because you simply radiate joy.  I am so excited for you to come home, but I'm not going to lie, I'm a little sad too!  It has gone by so fast .. it almost feels like you're coming home too early!  I'm going to miss those Monday emails and your stories!  About like the people there are going to miss knowing you are no longer in Mexico!

Enjoy the last few days .. soak up all that is beautiful and wonderful about Mexico and its people.  Take a minute and quietly ask the Lord for His final approval of your mission.  He will speak to your heart and let you know just how pleased He is.  


I love you and am incredibly blessed the Lord allowed me the blessing of being your mama!

Love,
Mom








No comments:

Post a Comment