Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mexico Week 10 -- Happy, Happy, Happy

Dear sweet family of mine!  Are you all ready to get all caught up?

Okay first things first, the pictures are of a part of town called Sauz!  It’s actually kind of the ghetto and everybody tells us to be safe there, but nothing’s ever happened to us!  Please enjoy the shoes on the line!  Isn’t that from the movie “Like Mike”?  I can’t remember for sure, but it cracked me up. 



Also, I’ve started doing push-ups in the morning. Guess what!  First day, I could literally only do one.  Que oso! Or like ¨how embarassing¨ in English. Well now I can do 10! Ha! 

Mom, the kids absolutely LOVED the treats from your Easter package. I’m like the most popular person I know!  Psych!  But really, the kids love the eggs and the coloring packs are absolutely perfect for Sacrament meeting. 


Big thank you to Amber Tolman and her family this week!  I got a letter from the whole family!  Tell the kids it’s a little hot right now, but the weather is pretty nice and the food is even better!  I love being a missionary and they have to start getting ready now if they want to serve a mission!

Also, big thank you to the Jeansonne´s, from Ohio.  I figured they must be part of Mom’s family!  They sent literally a huge package.  We were having interviews with the President and I shared my treats with the elders, but the big joke is that I always get packages and they were more fired up because I was entirely sure who it was from!  Hey, at least I share!   Thanks for loving on me as a missionary and know that we all love and appreciate it!

Okay, now for the good stuff! So remember how Antonio can’t see pretty much anything?  Well, we gave him a Book of Mormon and during certain times of the day with the right lighting, he can read it!  He reads 3 or 4 chapters a day and we’re working with him on identifying what he learned about Christ from his reading. Some days we read with him.  I love picking out the lessons we learn from the stories. The Book of Mormon is literally full of treasures! 


Paty Reynaga and her whole family came to church again this week!  Her progress is incredible. She has the strongest desire to give her kids the best example and she’s changing her life for them.  They’re reading the Book of Mormon and set an hour for family prayer.  My heart just melts every time I sit with her whole family at church.  They are truly incredible people. 

This week we had interviews with the mission president!  In all honesty, I was a little nervous!  President Camarillo is so amazing, and he really has a spirit about him.  First things first...Spanish! Our interview was in Spanish.  He told me my Spanish was truly incredible and he asked me if I would come to the First 12 Weeks Meeting with the group of missionaries that arrived the transfer after me and share something.  We talked about inspiring them and getting them excited about learning Spanish.  I was so pumped!  He also told me that Hermana Valdez and I now have clearance to speak English one hour a day so that she can practice her English!  I’m so excited! 

Oh also, President told me that he found y’all on Facebook and that we have a beautiful family!  My first thought was awwww, and second thought was ¨oh no, what does my rowdy family have on Facebook” followed by “I wonder if he’s seen the video of Tamsyn and I singing with corn dogs or acting like Barbies!¨  Ha! Ha!  But really, y’all are great! 

President and I talked about a scripture in 3 Nephi 19:25-30. I really love that it talks about Christ smiling upon us.  We talked about the sanctification the disciples experienced and how the truly were in constant communication with Christ and we can become the same.  I want to achieve this.  I want to maintain the habits I’m forming here for the rest of my life and with my family! 



So today is Monday, or the day of the First 12 Weeks Meeting. The new missionaries have about a month here and my job was to inspire them that they could learn Spanish. I really worked hard to prepare and the Spirit was awesome!  The words flew out of me in Spanish and it was so cool because I also spoke clearly and with emphasis and it was all the Spirit helping them understand.  I shared Ether 12:27 and applied it to being missionaries and learning a language. The look on some of their faces was incredible.  I love when I get to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands.  I know that we are all going to have difficulties and face challenges as we come unto Christ.  It is not an easy path but it’s definitely worth it.  I know that Christ calls us in our strengths and in our weaknesses.  He knows us inside and out and He knows exactly what we’re capable of.  I love you all tons and hope that each of you work with Christ to overcome your weak points.  Be humble, have faith, and you’ll always be able to feel Him by your side. 



I love y‘all! Please let me know if there’s anything I can do for you! 

 photo sig_zps85124238.png

No comments:

Post a Comment