Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 2 -- Missionary Training Center

 

Mi Querida Familia!

First things first...we are now the MTC ballers. But really, Hermana Mansfield convinced us all to play basketball with her and now we play every day! My 7th grade B team skills are coming back ;) We have so much fun! 

So picture this, our investigator from last week, Malaquias, big Tongan guy, shows up at our class in a white shirt and tie and says "So I'm your homeroom teacher, Hermano Hopoate!! How crazy is that! Oh my goodness, I love him so much though. He just has this quiet dignity and he really makes us think. You can really tell how much he loves us and how much he wants to help us improve as missionaries and deepen our understanding of the Gospel. 

Hermana Daniel and I got called as Sister Training Leaders for our zone last night! What what!! Obviously we shouldn't aspire to the callings, but we were thinking "Oh my goodness that would be so much fun!" The Sister Training Leaders right before were so good and we loved them to pieces. They really helped us out our first couple weeks and we wanted to do the same. Tonight is orientation for the new missionaries in our zone and we get to work with them tonight! I'M PUMPED. 

Oh! Fun fact! At Sunday's devotional some random elder comes up to me and is like "Sister Rawe, are you from Colleyville Stake!" I was like uhhhh yeah. And he goes "Ahh me too! It's my first week and it's so good to see someone from home! It was Tanner Jacobsen! The one who went to Texas Tech playing football! Well I saw him at the MTC!

Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL packages too! It is honestly so fun to get mail! I LOVE IT. All of my Hermanas love the handouts and I love the clothes!





Last night, we had our night devotional and afterward we usually have a district meeting with a member of the branch presidency and we just talk about our feelings about what was shared and what not. Throughout the whole devotional as our speaker was talking about Christlike love, I just keep feeling prompted to do an activity that night. I felt like we should have everyone in the room have every one else say how that person reflected the light of Christ, what their strengths were and what not. In a district of all girls, I feel like it's a little easy to get discouraged because we have some overachievers! I felt like a lot of girls could really benefit from it. I asked our President if that would be an okay thing to do instead of the regular meeting and he was a little hesitant, but he let us do it. IT WAS AWESOME. The Spirit was so strong and so many Hermanas just ate it up. I could already see a little bit of a difference in some of the companionships this morning. 

So now for the good stuff....in Relief Society we heard from the General Primary President, and she did such a good job. One of the things though that came to my mind as she was talking is that there are kids in Mexico praying for and really needed help. They need love. They need to feel acknowledged and appreciated and just loved. I majorly started tearing up because it just hit me really strong. As she was closing, she tearfully asked us to approach every child we see, to recognize them, learn their name, and try to remember it the next time we saw them. 

As we wrap this up I just want to bear my testimony that I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. I know that he truly did translate the Book of Mormon and that he saw Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. The more I learn about his life the more I just think, there is no way he would have endured everything that he did if he was just making it up. He is such an example to me how to "swim in deep water" and always be willing to do the will of Heavenly Father. I also know that Satan's power is real. He has power to bruise and hurt us but with Christ's help, we will always have the power to overcome him. He's a sneaky little guy, but Christ has a perfect understanding. It is through Christ that we find strength, that we have hope, that we keep going and keep trying, that we learn how to follow the will of Heavenly Father. I want everyone to have this comfort and strength and to know that they have a loving Heavenly Father with a perfect plan. It's so true!! 

I love you all! 


 photo sig_zps85124238.png

No comments:

Post a Comment