Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Words of Wisdom -- From Mom


Hola Hermana Rawe!

It is so funny how you leaving on a mission has brought all these thoughts and feelings from my own mission to the surface.  There are times you hold back feelings of discouragement .. It is this whole “Never let them see you sweat” mentality and I have zero idea where that came from!  :)

But I know that you are going to have days as a missionary where you feel discouraged, frustrated, and maybe even hopeless.  I sure did!  I remember being in the MTC and wondering if I was going to be able to pull this off with everything that was happening with my family.  After a lot of prayer, I came to a simple but powerful conclusion … I had to focus on the Savior.  Every time I felt alone or discouraged – Focus on the Savior.  Every time I felt worried or frustrated – Focus on the Savior.  Every time I felt hopeless – Focus on the Savior.  I found a few conference talks that I carried with me during my entire mission and in those moments when I needed to huddle up with the Lord, I relied on one of these talks to get me to focus on the Savior and His love and His mission.  They became a constant source of strength as my mission unfolded.

So, I went on a bit of a scavenger hunt .. and I found some of my most favorite talks on the Savior.  I hope that they bring you comfort and raise you up on those days when you may feel a little low.   I have no doubt that you are going to be one kick butt Hermana .. and I know that you will serve the Lord well.  You are so prepared for this, so don’t let Satan fill your mind or heart with any negative thoughts.  If he tries to creep in, focus on the Savior and allow His light and love to remove the negative thoughts and bring you back to that place where the Spirit can work miracles through you.

Love You Buddy!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment